Peer review procedures
Sinergie is a double-blind reviewed journal. Each paper is submitted for evaluation by two anonymous independent reviewers, who are academics chosen among experts of the topic.
Editorials and explicitly indicated invited contributions are not subjected to peer review.
The peer-review process can lead to:
- acceptance of the paper as it is
- acceptance with minor proposals for improvements
- acceptance subject to substantial modifications
In the second and third cases, the paper will be sent back to the author/s, who has/have to return the paper within a specified timeframe after it has been revised on the basis of the reviewers’ comments.
An annual meeting of the Sinergie panel of Appointed Reviewers is organised during the annual Sinergie Conference. The aim of the meeting is to improve the peer-reviewing process.
Guidance by editors in chief, guest editors and blind referees results in a ‘training ground for young researchers’, which was declared as Sinergie’s mission by its founder, Giovanni Panati.
Reviewers apply the following criteria when assessing single papers:
- correctness of the methodological approach
- significance of the bibliographical base
- clarity of exposition
- relevance from theoretical and empirical standpoints, and managerial implications.
Sinergie Italian Journal of Management is accredited by AIDEA (Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale) Italian Academy of Business Economics.